Thursday, June 5, 2008

Social Software

Am I the only one still interested in the course content at this stage? Nobody appears to have tagged any photos other than Michael or myself...

Anyway - The whole course has been a real eye opener for me. I had vaguely been aware of Flickr and Delicious but had never had the inclination to investigate them too deeply. I guess I dismissed them as Facebook type tools used by pimply teenagers who prefer to hide behind monitors in preference to actual face to face communications.

I can now see the benefits of using something like Flickr in a training environment, simply by creating a unique tag to create a network. So simple when you know what tools are available.

Craig M

1 comment:

Jim Bost said...

Theres certainly a lot of great stuff around & the ideas are aplenty in trying to access into education practice.

The flickr site looks better with each look & reviewing the notes tool to highlight & lead discussion seems like a good idea.

Jim B